- Preventive Health Clinic (TB Control) : 678.442.6880
- Epidemiology : 770.339.4260 (ask for EPI on Call)
- 1.866.PUB.HLTH (statewide disease reporting line)
- Food and Waterborne Illness Complaint Line : 770.339.4BUG
- After Hours Epidemiology Emergency Contact : 404.323.1910
Epidemiology and Community Health Division provides infectious and chronic disease investigation, management, education, and prevention services for the county population.
Epidemiology staff perform routine surveillance for over 70 notifiable diseases and provide key disease prevention and mitigation activities protecting the health of community. Notifiable Disease Epidemiology, Tuberculosis Control, Sexually Transmitted Infections, Hepatitis Control, Ryan White, and Refugee Health are the key programmatic areas in the Epidemiology Division.
In addition to these program areas, Epidemiology staff: investigate reports of reportable diseases such as Norovirus, Head lice, and community associated MRSA, complete data requests from community partners and the general population; provide infection control guidance and trainings, and collaborate with the county school system to control the spread of infectious diseases in the school population.
- Tuberculosis Control (Preventive Health Clinic)
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Hepatitis Control
- Environmental Epidemiology
- Food & Waterborne Illness Hotline (770.339.4BUG)
- Notifiable Disease Epidemiology
- Infection Control
- 2015 Gwinnett County Health Profile – Sexually Transmitted Infections
- 2015 Gwinnett County Health Profile – Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- 2015 Newton County Health Profile – Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- 2015 Newton County Health Profile – Vaccine Preventable Diseases
- 2015 Rockdale County Health Profile – Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- 2015 Rockdale County Health Profile – Vaccine Preventable Diseases