Posted on February 3rd, 2014
The week of February 3-7, 2014, has been declared Severe Weather Awareness Week in Georgia. This is a great time to learn about weather-related topics, such as thunderstorms, tornadoes, lightening and floods.
While we cannot prevent severe weather, we can be better prepared for it. Creating a family emergency plan is the first step. Good information on how to do this can be found at ready.ga.gov.
Take some time this week to ensure that you are ready for the spring storm season. Get more information on severe weather through the links below and watch for our updates on Twitter and Facebook.
- Monday, February 3 – Family Preparedness/NOAA Weather Radios
- Tuesday, February 4 – Thunderstorm Safety
- Wednesday, February 5 – Tornado Safety (Statewide Tornado Drill)
- Thursday, February 6 – Lightning Safety
- Friday, February 7 – Flooding Safety