- Resumes cannot be accepted without a completed GNR Health Application for Employment. Please fax your applications to 770.277.2089.
- Due to large volume, only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted
- Contact Kimberly Pickens at 678.442.6867 with questions regarding Careers at Gwinnett, Newton, and Rockdale County Health Departments.
- Please Fax Applications to 770.277.2089
Would you like to be notified when new job postings are available at the Health Department?
If so, please click here to subscribe.
The Human Resources department works as a team to provide effective service and vital information to employees, retirees, and the public with compassion, dignity, and respect in a fair and equitable manner. Our goal is to foster an environment for employees to succeed, develop, and enhance their careers with equal opportunity for all. The department provides personalized customer service and resources through the administration of Employee Benefits, Compensation, Employee Relations, HR Policies and Procedures, Regulatory Compliance, Payroll, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Records, Recruitment and Placement, and Training & Development.
- Public Health Registered Nurse 2 – Rockdale Health Center
- Nurse Manager – Assistant Nursing Director – District Office
- LPN 1 – Buford Health Center
- Public Health Nurse – Children’s Medical Services
- Nutrition-Manager Buford Health Center
- LPN-Norcross Health Center
- Public-Health-RN-Supervisor-Norcross Health Center
- Sign up for Health Department Career Updates to have the latest job postings emailed to you! Helpful Links
- Georgia Government Careers
- Employee’s Retirement System
- State Health Benefit Plan
Policies and Procedures
- Drug Screening – All prospective Gwinnett, Newton and Rockdale County Health Departments employees must clear a drug screening. Additionally, upon employment, random tests apply.
- Background Checks – Background checks can focus on an applicant’s employment history, education credentials, motor vehicle records and criminal past.
- Driving Records – Some positions involve driving company vehicles or an employee’s own car. Applicants must provide and then maintain upon employment clear histories for motor vehicle use.
- References – Applicants may be asked to provide personal references.