Available at all Health Department locations
- Buford Center : 770.614.2401
- Lawrenceville Center : 770.339.4283
- Norcross Center : 770.638.5700
- Lilburn WIC : 678.924.1546
- Newton Center : 770.786.9086
- Rockdale Center : 770.785.4345
Public Health specializes in vaccinations. In fact, in childhood we learn that the Health Department is the “the place where you get shots.” Of all the medical advancements in the twentieth century, vaccinations are perhaps most responsible for preventing disease and allowing people to live much longer and healthier than their grandparents.
Immunizations science has developed vaccinations for every period of our lives. From infancy to our elder years, we can ward off illnesses that were once accepted as inevitable. Are you up-to-date on your shots? There are a number of adult vaccines that are recommended based on your age and risk level.
We can work with you to ensure that you are up to date on any vaccinations you need. A few of the more common immunizations are:
- Influenza – or the “Flu” shot. This yearly vaccine is recommended every year to protect you and those around you.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) – If you were born in 1957 or later, a booster shot is recommended.
- Varicella – better known as Chickenpox – If you’ve never had chickenpox or you were vaccinated but received only 1 dose, talk to us and find out if you need this vaccine.
- Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) Vaccine
- Shingles Vaccine
- Pneumonia Vaccine
- Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis Vaccine